Yep, chickens die. Each and every day. I was looking up on Google, “why you should not eat eggs”, and pulled up a website for PETA. There was a picture of eggs, with an article about how poor chickens live just to feed us. Oh yes, a picture of a baby chick. See, these little darlings become our supper? What about eggs?? Anyway, it goes on to say that baby chicks are ground up while they are still alive. Really? Yes, I’ll take the ground up baby chick sandwich, please. With French fries and a large Dr. Pepper. Yum.
I also looked up “why you should not eat beef”. The beginning of one article (I stopped reading after the first sentence) was, “you should not eat beef because you are taking away from the poor”. Really? Did I take away a poor person’s cow???
So, people are stupid. Yes, PETA, you folks are stupid too. Good thing this is anonymous or you guys might through tofu at my house. Throwing eggs would probably cause a poor baby chick to die. If you haven’t guessed, I’m not a vegan. You shouldn’t be one either. Yes, I said it. Why would I possibly tell anyone not to be a vegan? Aren’t they healthier than anyone else on their plant-based diets? Speaking of cows….I don’t eat grass and, well, here is a good statement from the folks at http://www.cattle-empire.net:
The reason is because cows must chew their food twice in order to digest it properly. … Next, the rumen muscles send the cud back up to the cow’s mouth, where it is re-chewed and swallowed again, this time going to the Omasum section of stomach in order to squeeze out all of the moisture.Dec 20, 2013
Now that you know something about a cow’s stomach, here is some interesting facts you need to know about the cow as dinner. Our bodies need nine essential amino acids that we do not produce naturally. They only come from complete proteins. A protein source that has all nine amino acids with the right amounts of each of them. Beans are not a complete protein because they have low amounts of the amino acids.
So, what is a complete protein? Meat, dairy, and eggs. The very things that vegans and others tell us to avoid because they are bad for us. It turns out that they are an essential part of the human diet. No, I don’t see myself as eating a fellow animal neighbor. Man was distinctly different from the animals, even being placed in charge over them, given the task of naming each of them. No animal ever says, “hey, that is our distant cousin, mankind”. Oh yeah, animals don’t talk. That is because they are not humans. They are designed for human consumption. God gave us everything we need to eat and be healthy. We don’t eat what is healthy because we don’t know which foods are healthy. Meat, dairy, and eggs all provide what our bodies need in order to be healthy. Guess what? We need a lot of protein!!! Now, not all of our protein sources should come from those food sources, but some of it must come from them in order to give our bodies what they need.
Let’s go back and discuss the egg. Not the one that doesn’t come from ground-up baby chicks, but the full grown chicken that doesn’t have to die in order to lay an egg. Here is a good link that describes the nutritional value of the egg: http://www.eggnutritioncenter.org/egg-101/
Here are some of the highlights:
- One egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals plus 6 grams of high-quality protein.
- The high-quality protein in an egg is essential for building and maintaining lean body mass.
- The high-quality protein in eggs can reduce hunger and facilitate weight loss as well as help with weight maintenance.
- Essential nutrients within the egg can support a healthy pregnancy, growth and development of children, and muscle mass and function during aging.
- More than 40 years of research has demonstrated that healthy adults can enjoy eggs without significantly impacting their risk of heart disease.
Is it wise nutritionally to throw out the yolk?
Most of the vitamins and minerals in an egg are lost if the yolk is discarded. The white of a large egg contains ~60% of the egg’s total protein with the remaining ~40% found in the yolk. Additionally, fat and cholesterol in the egg yolk carry fat-soluble nutrients like vitamin D, E, A, choline, and the carotenoids lutein/zeaxanthin, which may aid absorption of these essential and important components of an egg.
I believe one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get the protein you need every day is to eat eggs. One to two per day. What do weight lifters eat? Yep, eggs. They already know that eggs help to produce lean muscle mass. The muscle mass is what we want, fat mass is what we want less of so that our bodies look leaner and we have more strength. So load up on eggs, trust me, no chickens will die because you did.